TTC PE department have so far won two awards and are on their way to winning three.
The first time this has happened for any department in Essex!
What awards have the PE department won this
- Tendring Sports Awards- Best Establishment
- Essex Education Awards – Fit for Life Award -
What award are we hoping to win?
- Essex Teaching Awards – School team of the
Year (results out Thursday 11 February)
Why have we won these awards?
Our aim last year was to become an outstanding department and this is what we
wanted to achieve.
What led to our department being outstanding?
- Shared vision
- Effective implementation
- Appropriate Curriculum design
- Outstanding teaching and learning and
- Strong whole school links
- Effective Partnerships with primary schools,
local clubs, coaches etc
- Outstanding department leadership and team
- Systematically and effectively checking
We applied for the prestigious AFPE National
Quality Mark which recognises an outstanding department. The PE department
achieved this quality mark award with Distinction - the first school in Essex
to do so. We were also named to be the college to present to other schools in
Essex for outstanding practice.
What our department wanted to achieve to be
- Raise the profile of physical education and
sport at a local, regional and national level
- Involve individuals and groups in recording
and celebrating success so that the school ‘stands out from the crowd’
- Recognise best practice in physical education
and sport and provides a platform for sharing excellence and success
- Promote a positive message to the local
- Celebrate excellence in the organisation, management
and delivery of physical education and sport
I am proud to be part of this department as
every teacher in the department goes beyond what is expected of them. So, I
would like to take the opportunity to say well done to the following teachers:
Mr Bibby, Mr Rouse, Mr Chinnery, Mr Masters,
Mr Wiper, Mr Ormerod, Mr Clements, Mr Welch, Mrs Flynn, Miss Skinner, Miss
Bysouth, Miss Mankee, Miss Hill and
Miss Harris - Curriculum Leader, PE (11-14)